A TERRIFIC NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION!
10 Minutes a Day to Read the New Testament in 2014
- God’s Word is living and active (Hebrews 4:12),
- God’s Word accomplishes the purposes for which it was sent (Isaiah 55:11),
- God’s Word always finishes the work it starts (Philippians 1:6).
- God repeatedly promises to grow us spiritually and draw us nearer to Him through His Word.
If followed all the way through, this plan will take you through the entire New Testament during the calendar year!
- 22 readings per month with 3 reflection days mixed in.
- Each reading is one chapter, and the reflection days offer an opportunity to stop and think about what God has been
- speaking to you through His Word.
- The number of monthly readings is intentionally limited to 25 for a simple reason: to allow some wiggle room each month. You will have 56 flex days to either continue reflection, read ahead, and/ or catch up on missed readings.
Our prayer is that this plan helps you spend more time with God and that He uses that time to draw you nearer to Himself.
Here are a few things you might find helpful for reflection and cultivating the daily habit of spending time in God’s Word….
- What have the readings been teaching me about God?
- What have the readings been teaching me about myself?
- What do these teachings mean for my life today?
P.R.A.Y. Quiet Time Method
- What does this passage say about God?
- What does this passage say about me?
- Is there sin I need to confess after reading this passage?
- How does this passage lead me to praise God?
- What should my life look like today as a result of reading this passage?